Hyprland is a dynamic tiling Wayland compositor based on wlroots that doesn't sacrifice on its looks.
For Hyprland without the
land part, see Hypr, the Xorg window manager.
Please note, especially for folks moving from Hypr, that Hyprland and Hypr share a very different feature set and are not 1:1 experiences.
Hyprland is still in pretty early development compared to some other Wayland compositors.
Although Hyprland is pretty stable, it may have some bugs.
Hyprland needs testers!
Try it out and report bugs / suggestions!
- Easily expandable and readable codebase
- Config reloaded instantly upon saving
- Custom bezier curve based animations
wlr_extworkspaces protocol support
- Dual Kawase blur
- Drop shadows
- Fully dynamic workspaces
- Closely follows
- Bundled wlroots
- Window/layer fade in/out
- Tiling/pseudotiling/floating/fullscreen windows
- Switching workspaces between window modes on the fly
- Special workspace (scratchpad)
- Window/monitor rules
- Socket-based IPC
- Event system for bash scripts
- Rounded corners
- Full damage tracking
- Docks support
- Drawing tablet support
wlroots - For their amazing library
tinywl - For showing how 2 do stuff
Sway - For showing how 2 do stuff the overkill way
Vivarium - For showing how 2 do stuff the simple way
dwl - For showing how 2 do stuff the hacky way
Wayfire - For showing how 2 do some graphics stuff